Green Sand Aluminium Castings
Greensand casting Features, Advantages and Applications
This process derives its name from the presence of moisture in castings sand and is indicator of the unbaked nature of the mould. Raw sand is obtained and processed to provide a consistent distribution of grain sizing. A variety of additives such as pitch, cellulose, and silica flour are used in the process.
This process of castings offers a great deal of flexibility in pattern design and consequently in the mould design at very economical costs. At VJP, we have adapted the green sand process to mechanical and automated production methods to ensure speed and efficiency.
- Low material costs
- Reclaimable mould material.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Ensures strong and rigid moulds.
- These molds are relatively inexpensive to produce, since the basic material is readily available.
- Complex patterns can be accommodated in the in the mold design, at affordable costs.
- Easily adapts to automated production methods.
- Widely used in the manufacture of large, heavy castings for Oil and Gas
Capability of Green Sand Aluminium Casting Process
|Aluminium Valve Body Moulding Process Capability||Aluminum Motor Body Moulding Process Capability||Aluminum Valve Body Moulding Process Capability|
|Max Weight - 250 Kgs||Economical Order Quantity - 100 Number||Surface Finish - 20 - 30 Microns|
|Max Size - 1100 X 850 mm||Casting Tolerance - ± 1 mm||Minimum Core hole size - 10 mm|
|Minimum Wall Thickness - 5 mm||Machining Allowance - 2.5 mm|
No Bake Aluminium Castings
No Bake is a casting process that uses chemical binders to bond the castings sand. The sand is then transported to the mold fill station in preparation for filling of the mold. A mixer is then used to blend sand with the chemical binder and the catalyst. When the sand exits the mixer, the binder begins the hardening process. After the compaction process, a rollover process is used to remove the mold from the pattern box. The mould is then readied for handling the molten metal. After a shakeout process, the casting sand is taken away from the casting. Then various procedures follow including the finishing and the sand can be reclaimed by thermal means.
The chemical nature of the binders makes this a highly specialized process that has to been handled with considerable expertise and knowledge. At VJP, we have developed our expertise in the process over the years and today are able to harness the potential of the process to create casts of the highest quality and to a great degree of accuracy.
- Chemical binders are used to create high strength moulds.
- When the temperature is brought to normal levels, the molds turn rigid.
- It is adaptable to any quantity.
- It creates high strength moulds & improves dimensional repeatability.
- Requires low skill and labor requirements.
- Provides better dimensional control.
- Ideal for high value and critical parts.
- Desired for Complicated Profiles.
|End Cap Casting Process Capability||No Bake Aluminium Castings Process Capability||Aluminium Prototype Castings Process Capability|
|Max Weight - 250 Kgs||Economical Order Quantity - 100 Number||Surface Finish - 12 - 24 Microns|
|Max Size - 2000 X 2000 mm||Casting Tolerance - ± 0.75 mm||Minimum Core hole size - 10 mm|
|Minimum Wall Thickness - 4.5 mm||Minimum Wall Thickness - 4.5 mm|